Alberta Sport Leadership Conference 2017
ALBERTA SPORT CONNECTION LAUNCHES ALBERTA SPORT LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE WEBSITE -REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
February 8, 2017, Edmonton - The Alberta Sport Connection is pleased to announce that the Conference Website and Registration is now open for the 2017 Alberta Sport Leadership Conference, April 27-29, 2017. www.absportleadershipconference.ca is your one-stop source for all of the Conference information and details.
Alberta Sport Connection will be presenting their seventh Alberta Sport Leadership Conference at the Banff Centre; a scenic backdrop for sector colleagues, stakeholders and partners to share knowledge, information, network and collaborate.
* Registration fees prior to April 14th will be $300.00 and will increase to $375.00 after that date. There are also registration options for students and single day registrants.
* Payment Options will include all major credit cards only.
* Registration for the Alberta Sport Leadership Conference will be through the Coaching Association of Canada Locker https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/1540 site. Registrants will need to create a user profile if they are new to the system.
* Banff Centre Accommodations can be made online by booking under the Group Name: https://absportleadershipconference.ca/accommodations/. Please book by March 27th to guarantee accommodation on site.
* Conference Schedule includes:
- Thursday, April 27 – Conference Registration, Opening Keynote – Jennifer Moss ”Unlocking Happiness at Work” followed by the Celebrating Sport in Alberta Networking Social.
- Friday, April 26 – Plenary Sessions, Concurrent Workshops and a Panel Presentation focused on Strategies for Increasing Female Participation In Sport, and the Celebrating Sport in Alberta Sport Recognition Awards Banquet with guest Master of Ceremonies 2014 Alberta Olympian Speed skater Gilmore Junio; a former Junior Male Athlete (2010) of the Year Award Recipient.
- Saturday, April 27 – Plenary Sessions, Concurrent Workshops and the Celebrating Sport in Alberta Closing Luncheon featuring Mark Tewksbury as the host along with Alberta Summer Olympians and Paralympian’s from the 2016 Rio Games.
* The theme of this year’s Conference is Celebrating Sport in Alberta and the Conference Program has been established around five principles of Quality Sport including:
- Sport is led by Quality Coaching
- Sport Organizations demonstrate Excellence
- Sport reflects the Principles of Athlete Development
- Sport is delivered in a Safe and Ethical Manner with a focus on Concussions in Sport
- Sport is Inclusive and Accessible to Under-Represented Populations with an emphasis on Increasing Participation for Females
Of special note Friday evening, the Alberta Sport Connection will recognize the outstanding sport achievements of Albertans at the Celebrating Sport In Alberta Sport Recognition Awards Banquet.
Nominations for these awards closed on February 3rd.
- 2016 Junior Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- 2016 Open Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- 2016 Open & Junior Team of the Year
- Coach Developer Awards
- Coaching Recognition Awards
- Officiating Recognition Awards
- Sport Volunteer Recognition Awards
The Alberta Sport Connection thanks Paper Leaf Design Ltd. for their assistance in the development of the Alberta SportLeadership Conference Website www.absportleadershipconference.ca along with the Coaching Association of Canada for the use of the Locker Registration Site.
Alberta Sport Connection would like to thank you in advance for distributing this email to all of your contacts within your PSO as well as posting to your digital and social media outlets.
Conference Registration enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org while general Conference enquires can be addressed to email@example.com.
- Recreation Professionals
- Health Practitioners
- Athletes with Disabilities
- Women and Girls