The Canadian Sport for Life Forum is a place for Champions to interact, learn and share with each other. Messages are to be kept respectful and on topic at all times. Please read the following guidelines before posting.
All posts are read by our administration and moderation team. Any questionable content will be immediately edited or removed and the user will be warned.
a. Vulgar language is not allowed. This includes any use of offensive, discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate material and it will immediately be removed and users will be warned.
Any post that is considered advertising for one's self-interests, including the promotion of products or services, will be removed.
a. While you are allowed to promote your web site(s) in your signature, you are not permitted to post links to sites you run or are in any way affiliated within your posts. In addition, users are not permitted to post any kind of affiliate program link with referrer IDs. Repeat violators who post promotional content will be permanently banned.
- Any posts that include provocative, outrageous, or pointless messages only to get a response from others, i.e. "trolling", will be removed and users will be warned. Repeat violators will be permanently banned.
- If it is abundantly clear that a user has no intention of positively contributing to sports discussions, combined with an abrasive, combative attitude, they will be banned. Users must demonstrate an interest in contributing to sports discussions.
In order to maintain a positive atmosphere, no personal attacks or insults will be tolerated. Violators will be warned and potentially banned.
If you have something to post and you're not sure which board it belongs in, do not post it in more than one board. If the administrators or moderators think it would fit better in another location, it will be moved there. Duplicate threads only serve to create confusion.
A typical signature contains the poster's name, e-mail address, website, and a favorite quote or saying. Excessive font size are not allowed.
Anyone abusing this privilege will be warned and then have their signature removed until they acknowledge this guideline.
Multiple Accounts Per Individual Are Not Permitted
If you forget your password, use the password recovery tool, in which case you will be able to reset your password, given that you have access to the e-mail associated with your account. If you are still unable to login, contact the Administrator.
Three Strike Policy
- The Canadian Sport for Life Forum operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
- Arguing with a Moderator or Administrator after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact a Moderator or Administrator, to discuss the issue.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other moderator action will lead to a permanent ban of your account(s). Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While Canadian Sport for Life may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
Moderators and Administrators
If you have a problem or a complaint, direct it to the administrators and/or moderators, not to the boards. The appropriate actions will be taken. We reserve the right to ban flagrant offenders when deemed necessary, with or without prior warning.
Again, please follow the above guidelines when posting on our message boards. If you have any questions, please contact us. Above all, remember this is a place for all Canadian Sport for Life Champions to share and learn as we continue to improve the quality of sport and physical activity in Canada.