Synchronized swimming is accessible to all Canadians. It promotes fun, fitness and allows participants to reach their own level of excellence. Synchro Canada, a volunteer-based organization, is responsible for the development, coordination and operation of the sport through a wide variety of programs. The outstanding success of Canada's national synchronized swimming teams stem from a solid membership base and the quality programming offered by Synchro Canada.
Along with teamwork, synchronized swimming teaches participants fundamental movement skills, fundamental sport skills and the ABCs – agility, balance, coordination and speed – of physical literacy.
Synchronized swimming’s Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) model consists of seven stages.
- Active Start (M, F 0-6) – Get wet! Introduces fundamental movement skills and links them together into play.
- FUNdamentals (M 6-9, F 6-8) – Teaches all fundamental movement skills and builds overall motor skills.
- Learn to Train (M 9-12, F 8-11) – Develops sport-specific skills.
- Train to Train (M 12-16, F 11-15) – Builds an aerobic base, develops speed and strength, and further develops and consolidates synchro-specific skills.
- Train to Compete (M 16-23, F 15-21+) – Optimizes fitness performance and teaches athletes to compete.
- Train for Performance (M, F 18+) – Strives for personal bests; builds podium performances at the international level.
- Active for Life (M, F all ages) – Encourages individuals to remain physically active, either competitively or recreationally, and involved in sport for life.
Synchro Canada’s LTAD Coaching Webtool
This new innovation will help coaches organize their practice plans and eventually their entire seasons.
Synchro Canada’s LTAD One-Page Ad
“Our athletes deserve a training and competition program designed to meet their biological and developmental needs!”
Synchro Canada’s Competitive Stream Model
Outlines the path for competitive synchronized swimmers.
Synchro Canada Recreational Stream Model
Outlines the path for recreational synchronized swimmers.
Synchro Star is a developmental skills program that covers the Learn to Train, Train to Train and Train to Compete stages. It offers instruction in the sport of synchronized swimming, starting with basic skills and moving to more advanced techniques as swimmers progress through the levels.
Synchro Canada – synchro.ca
- Recreation Professionals
- Health Practitioners
- Women and Girls